Spring Cleaning Tips from our Maintenance Department
Posted on March 24, 2016 - 10:35 AM by Kimberly Harper
Are you ready to hit the ground running, and prepare your home for a great Spring?
Below is a simple checklist to ensure that your indoor areas are in top-notch shape for the changing season:
- Clean or replace your furnace filters. A dirty filter can lower the efficiency of your home’s HVAC system. If the filter is reusable, remove it, wash down with a hose and then re-insert. Otherwise, you’ll want to replace it with a new one.
- Test your air conditioning system. If you wait until the first hot day of the season to check it and have a problem, you’ll probably be waiting quite a while to have it serviced!
- Check caulking around all doors and windows. Improper caulking allows for moisture to get inside your home.
- This is also the perfect time to wash/clean all windows and replace torn or damaged screens as necessary.
- Test smoke and fire alarms, replacing batteries and cleaning dust from the covers.
By taking the time to prepare your home for spring, you’ll be able to focus more on enjoying outdoor activities, longer days and mild weather.
Please always when in doubt, contact our maintenance department at 386-445-9911 ext 113 or 126